God's Promises of Protection

all the promises given to israel are fulfilled in christ and extended to us as we are in christ
God is no respecter of persons.. he doesn't provide for one but not others.  you need merely to obey for his protection and abide for his love.
Obeying does keep most things away.. however, the heart is what matters.  someone might think they have followed all the law, but what is in their heart
is what comes searching for them.  it is the law of attraction.   you bring around you that which you focus on, which you give attention to.. not in your actions only
but in your heart.  if your actions externally show obedience, but your heart does not show the love which results in the obedience.. then you are open to the enemy
not as open as those whos hearts are far from the lord and their obedience too.
when your heart is close to god and your reactions reflect that closeness, that love... that is the closes.t


Lord Lord, didn't we cast out demons in your name... JEsus said.. depart from me, i never knew you.


Heart             --   Actions
In love with God  -- show love for others
obedient toward god -- show obedience toward god
reverence/fear  --same
resentment toward god

many may hide their heart and their actions do not speak the song of their heart.  their true heart is hidden but they are obedient anyway.
many whos heart is toward god, but their actions do not show that... this is not helping either




Genesis 28:15 ESV / 40 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Exodus 14:13-14 ESV And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”


Deuteronomy 28:1-68 ESV / 65 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
“And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. ...

Leviticus 26:1-46 ESV / 26 helpful votes
“You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God. You shall keep my Sabbaths and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord. “If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them, then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. Your threshing shall last to the time of the grape harvest, and the grape harvest shall last to the time for sowing. And you shall eat your bread to the full and dwell in your land securely. ...


Deut 31:6 God said to not be afraid because HE goes with us and will never leave or forsake us.  all the promises to israel, fulfilled in jesus and extend to us
2 sam 22:3-4 my god is my rock, in whom i take refuge, my sheild and the horn of my salvation.  He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior - from violent people you save me.  4 i called to the lord, who is worthy of praise and have been saved from my enemies

Ps 3:3 but you O lord are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head
Ps 5:11 let all those who take refuge in your be glad; sing for joy.  Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you
Ps 12:5 the poor are plundered, teh needy groan, i will now arise, i will protect them from those who malign them
ps 16:1 Prserve me, O God, for in you i take refuge.
ps 16:8 i have set the lord always before me.. because he is at my right hand, i shall not be shaken

-- by the above verse i am reminded of the pillar of cloud that led the israelites by day and the pillar of fire by night

Ps 17:8 keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings
Ps 18:30  - this god, his way is perfect; the word of the lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refusge in him
Ps 18:35-36 - you have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great.  you gave a wide place for my steps under me and my feet did not slip.
Ps 20:1 May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the GOD of Jacob protect you


Ps 23.... all of it
Psalm 23:1-4 ESV / 25 helpful votes
A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.


Ps 27:1 the lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall i fear?  the lord is my stronghold of my life; of whom shall i be afraid?
Ps 32:7 you are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance.  Selah
Ps 34:7 the angel of the lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them
Ps 34:19 the righteous man may have many troubles, but the lord delovers him from them all
ps 34:22 the lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemed

this one here..explains a lot about Job.  God did give job to the will of the adversary...
Ps 41:2 the lord protects him and keeps him alive, he is called blessed in the land; you do not give him up to the will of his enemies


Ps 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea.
Psalm 4:8 ESV / 24 helpful votes
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Ps 57:1 have mercy on my, my god, have mercy on me, for in you i take refuge.  i will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed
ps 59:1 deliver me from my enememies o god, be my fortress against those who are attacking me
ps 59:16 but i will sing of your srength, i will sing aloud of your steadfast love in th emorning.  for you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress

Ps 91 all of it
Psalm 91:1-3 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
Psalm 91:9-10, because you have made the lord your dwelling place, the most high, who is my refuge-- No evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent.


ps 118:6 the lord is on my side, i will not fear.  what can man do to me?
Ps 119:114 you are my hiding place, and my shield; i h ope in your word

Ps 121 all of it
Psalm 121:1-8 ESV / 47 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
A Song of Ascents. I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. ...
Ps 121 7-8 - the lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life;  the Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forthever more
Psalm 121:3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.


Ps 125:2 as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, from this time forth and forevermore.
ps 138:7 though i wslk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.  you stretch our your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me
Ps 140:4 keep me safe lord, form the hands of the wicket, protect me from the violent who devise ways to trip my feet


Prov 12:21 no ill befalls the righteous, but the wicked are filled with trouble
Prov 14:26 in the fear of the lord, one has strong confidence, and his children will have refuge.
Prov 18:10 the name of the lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe
Prov 19:23 the fear of the lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests sattisfied, he will not be visited by harm
prov 29:25 the fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the lord is safe
Prov 30:5 Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him


Isa 41:10 he again says not to fear, that he is our god, and he will strengthen us and help us and uphold us with his righteous right hand
Isa 43:`-3 But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you. O Israel:  Fear not, for i have redeemed you;  i have called you by my name, you are mine.  when you pass
through the waters, i will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the first you shall not be burned, and the flae shall not consume you
for i am the lord your god, the holy one of israel, your savior.  i give egypt as your ransome, cush and seba in exchange fo ryou.
Isa 54:17 no weapon formed against you shall succeeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgement.  this is the heritange of the servants of the lord and their vindication form me, declares the lord.
Isa 46:4 even to your hold age i am he, and to gray hairs i will carry you.  i have made, and i will bear; i will carry and will save;
Nahum 1:7 the lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble.  he knows those who take refuge in him.
Malachi 3:6 - for i the lord do not change, therefore you, o children of Jacob, are not consumed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Luke 10:19 ESV / 20 helpful votes
Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.


John 10:28-30 ESV / 43 helpful votes
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”
John 17:15 ESV / 20 helpful votes
I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.



Romans 8:28 ESV / 43 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:31 ESV / 66 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Romans 12:19 ESV / 91 helpful votes
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Romans 13:4 ESV / 26 helpful votes (speaking of the governing authorities)
For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.



1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV / 46 helpful votes
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 ESV / 44 helpful votes
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;

Ephesians 6:10-20 ESV / 37 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, ...


Philippians 4:13 ESV / 59 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 ESV / 38 helpful votes
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.


2 Timothy 4:18 ESV / 69 helpful votes
The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.


Hebrews 13:5 ESV / 32 helpful votes
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Hebrews 13:6 ESV / 70 helpful votes
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
Hebrews 13:8 ESV / 23 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
James 4:7 ESV / 32 helpful votes
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.


1 John 4:4 ESV / 34 helpful votes
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 5:18 ESV / 43 helpful votes
We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Climate Change Fire, irresponsible state budget, and/or Arson?

the perfect storm (full) John Paul Jackson - transcript

The Pool and the Portal